You are using an outdated browser. For a faster, safer browsing experience, upgrade for free today.

Community Living & Housing Contract

The following information is here to assist you with your residential life experience at Lander University.


What to Bring

Your room will have a bed with mattress, a closet or wardrobe, desk and chair. Bring bed linen (XL-Twin), pillows, towels, clothing, bathroom supplies and other personal items with you. A hairdryer, iron, television, small microwave, mini-fridge, power strip, dishes and healthcare products are good things to include on your list. View a complete list.

What to Leave at Home

Candles, incense, knives, weapons, space heaters, power tools, fireworks, explosives, gas or charcoal grills, hot plates, waterbeds, heating pads, electric blankets, drum sets, amplifiers and weight lifting equipment.

No Pets Please!

We love our furry friends, but animals (dogs, cats, birds, snakes, lizards, iguanas, ferrets, etc.) are not allowed inside the residence halls. You can bring a fish! Just make sure the aquarium is 10-gallons or smaller.

Service & Emotional Support Animals

Reasonable accommodations are made for service animals to be in the residence hall with a student who has received pre-approval from the Office of Disability Services by providing medical documentation to support the need.

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines a service animal as a dog - trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability. If the dog meets this definition, the animal is considered to be a service animal, regardless of whether it has been licensed or certified by a state or local government. Common examples are guide dogs for the blind or visually impaired; service dogs for those with physical disabilities or hearing impairments. Please refrain from petting or communicating with the service animal, as it interferes with their ability to concentrate and assist their human.