You are using an outdated browser. For a faster, safer browsing experience, upgrade for free today.

The Lander University Financial Aid Office, nor the Office of Human Resources, can determine your eligibility for this program.

The PSLF Program is intended to encourage individuals to enter and continue to work full-time in public service jobs. Under this program, you may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balance due on your William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program loans after you have made 120 qualifying payments on those loans while employed full-time by certain public service employers. Lander qualifies as a public service employer.

Since you must make 120 qualifying payments on your eligible federal student loans after October 1, 2007 before you can qualify for the loan forgiveness, the first forgiveness of loan balances will not be granted until October 2017. Please see the following for specific information.

PSLF Resources:


Annually to Certify Your Employment

To help you track your progress toward qualifying for PSLF, we recommend that you submit the PSLF form annually or when you change employers. It will make it much easier once you are ready to apply for forgiveness after 10 years of employment in public service!

Submitting the form annually will let us track and verify how many qualifying payments you make while working full-time for a qualifying employer, among other PSLF eligibility requirements.

Your employment can be certified by an official who has access to your employment or service records and is authorized by your employer to certify your employment or your service as an AmeriCorps or Peace Corps volunteer. This will often be someone in the human resources department, though in some cases your direct supervisor or another individual may be authorized to certify your employment. Check with your organization to see who is allowed to certify your PSLF form.

If you do not submit the PSLF form with your employment certification annually, then at the time you apply for forgiveness, you will be required to submit employment certification for each employer you worked for while making the required 120 qualifying monthly payments.


After you Make 120 Qualifying Monthly Payments for PSLF

After you make your 120th qualifying monthly payment for PSLF, you'll need to submit the PSLF form to receive loan forgiveness. You must be working for a qualifying employer at the time you submit the PSLF form and at the time the remaining balance on your loan is forgiven.


To Request Temporary Expanded PSLF

If you are ineligible for PSLF only because some or all of your payments were not made on a qualifying repayment plan for PSLF, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under a temporary opportunity.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your application or qualifications, please contact FedLoan Servicing at 1-855-265-4038.

For current employees requesting an Employment Certification form, please send an email request to Jessica Partlow at Please allow 2 days to process. Once completed, Jessica will email this form back to your email address at Lander. This form will not include any personal protected information. HR can only provide guidance with the employment certification form.


Employees are responsible for submitting their application to the USDOE for approval.


Where do I send my Employment Certification form?

Send the completed form, with your employer's certification, to FedLoan Servicing, the U.S. Department of Education's federal loan servicer for the PSLF Program. You may mail the application to this address:

U.S. Department of Education
FedLoan Servicing
P.O. Box 69184
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9184

You may also fax your Employment Certification form to 717-720-1628.

If FedLoan Servicing is already your servicer, you may upload your Employment Certification form on their website.