You are using an outdated browser. For a faster, safer browsing experience, upgrade for free today.

Students are required to have a Lander University Health Immunization Form (PDF) on file with the Student Health Center. 

Immunization forms can be submitted to:


Are You Immunized?

The following immunizations/tests are required of Lander University students PRIOR to registration. The immunization portion of the form must be signed or stamped by a physician or health care provider or a copy of your immunization certification will be accepted. 

Required Immunizations

  • Two (2) doses of MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) given after 1st birthday for students born after Dec. 31, 1957
  • One (1) dose of Tdap ( tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) within the last 10 years
  • Meningococcal-ACWY(MCV4) for students younger than age 24 or signed declination

Additional Immunization Requirement for International Students

All international students must submit a Tuberculosis Screening. Those arriving from high-risk countries* will require a blood TB test. The test MUST be completed at the Lander University Student Wellness Center within 72 hours of arrival to campus.

*Categories of high risk students include those students who have arrived within the past 5 years from countries where TB is endemic. Therefore, students should undergo TB screening if they have arrived from countries on the following list: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia (Plurinational State of), Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d'Ivoire, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greenland, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States of), Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

Optional Immunizations

These immunizations are recommended, but not required.

  • Varicella (chickenpox) Vaccinations - Not required prior to enrollment at this time, although students entering health professions and occupations with exposure to young children should have a history of varicella (chickenpox) disease or vaccination.
  • Hepatitis B Vaccine - The American College Health Association and the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control strongly recommend Hepatitis B Vaccine for all students prior to college entry, especially those planning to enter health professions.
  • Meningococcal B Vaccine - The CDC recommends that incoming freshman who will live in dormitories should have the meningococcal vaccine.
  • Annual seasonal influenza vaccine

Where Can You Receive Immunizations?

  • Your private physician
  • Local medical centers
  • Local health departments
  • Local pharmacies
  • Student Health Services (fees apply)
For more information about Lander University's immunization policy, call Student Health Services at 864-388-8885. You may also obtain a Health Form or Immunization Record from the Student Health Center or the Office of Admissions.