You are using an outdated browser. For a faster, safer browsing experience, upgrade for free today.

Transfer Information

Transfer Policies

  • Only courses completed at regionally accredited institutions will be evaluated. We also accept Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), Cambridge International and International Baccalaureate (IB) credits. The Policies on Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and Cambridge Assessment International Education Credit Awards are found on the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education's web site.
  • Remedial/developmental courses (usually courses with a course number less than 100) are not accepted by Lander. Courses taken from non-accredited institutions will not be given credit. Courses taken at a technical school toward a specific trade will not be given credit (e.g. welding, carpentry).
  • All coursework is posted; however, a course must have a grade of 'C' or better to be considered for possible transfer credit.
  • A maximum of 90 semester hours of transfer work from regionally accredited community colleges may apply toward graduation requirements at Lander.
  • Courses which are transferable but do not match anything specific within Lander's catalog may transfer as electives or subject level/electives i.e. (ELEC or PSYC 1XX or HIST 2XX):
    • 1XX = 100 level elective
    • 2XX = 200 level elective
    • 3XX = 300 level elective
    • 4XX = 400 level elective
  • Courses which are not transferable with be notated with the Subject code of "XNCR"
  • Courses in which an articulation has not been decided with be notated with the Subject code of "UNCR". As undetermined courses (UNCR's) are evaluated and the credit is posted, you should receive an email stating that changes have been made to your transcript.
  • After a transcript arrives, it may take 2-3 weeks for it to be processed and evaluated. This makes it extremely important to get transcripts sent to us in a timely manner.
  • If your courses did not transfer to Lander as you expected, you may petition for the course to count differently. Come by the Registrar's Office and get a Course Substitution Appeal form, complete it, get all the signatures, and return it back to the Registrar's Office.


For questions about transfer work, please contact:

Marina Proctor, Coordinator of Course Articulation & Transfer​
Office of the Registrar

View Transfer Information

In order to view your transfer credit, you must do the following in MyLander:

  1. Look for the Student Highlights card
  2. Click Student Profile
  3. Click Academic Transcript
  4. Check the status as one of the following

UNCR - Unevaluated

  1. Pending review. Please allow 2-3 business days for review completion

XNCR - No Credit Awarded

  1. Remedial courses
  2. Trade Specific courses (i.e. welding, carpentry)
  3. Courses taken at non-accredited institutions

ELEC - Elective Credit

  1. In some cases, elective courses receive general education credit. Please check your degree evaluation.

HIST 1XX - Major Elective

  1. Elective credit has been applied to a specific major
  2. May also say MATH 1XX, BUSI 1XX, etc.

HIST 1XXG - General Education Credit

  1. Elective credit that MAY satisfy a general education requirement

All transfer course articulations are available in SC TRACS at

Please contact us with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your interest in Lander University.

Marina Proctor, Coordinator of Course Articulation & Transfer​
Office of the Registrar

Harrison Howell, Transfer Analyst​
Office of the Registrar