You are using an outdated browser. For a faster, safer browsing experience, upgrade for free today.

The following resources will provide assistance to students.


Major Guides

Individual four-year program registration guides have been constructed to assist students with course selection and are provided only as a guide, since students have flexibility when planning their own personal schedule of courses.


Learn More

Program Length

Faculty in each discipline determine program length when a program is initiated or revised. Each program is subject to review and approval through Lander’s internal program approval process as well as the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education program approval process. Most Lander degrees were developed by faculty who used comparable programs at other universities as a guide to both program length and content. Degree programs that require specialized accreditation are reviewed and approved by the appropriate accrediting agency. Therefore, the length of Lander’s programs is comparable to the length of programs at other institutions.


Undergraduate Degree Programs

Undergraduate programs offered through Lander University require a minimum of 120 credit hours. The specific number of required hours varies from 120 to 140.5 depending on the major program and the emphasis within the major.


Graduate Degree Programs

Lander University’s graduate programs offered through Lander University require a minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate course work.

Final Exams

Final examinations are scheduled according to section number.


Exam Schedule

Final Grades

Final Grades are available in Bearcat Web as posted by the instructor. Students will be informed through their Lander student email account when end of semester processes have been completed, and final academic totals and standing have been updated in Bearcat Web.


Graduation Candidates

Graduation candidates, prior to graduation, will be notified through their Lander student email account when their final academic totals and standing have been updated in Bearcat Web.


Summer Semester

Summer academic totals and standing are not final until the end of all Summer Terms.

Degree Evaluation

Degree evaluation performs student tracking of course work toward degree completion - undergraduate students only.

Name & Address Change

The Registrar's Office maintains all name and address changes to student records.


Address Change

All address changes should be made on Bearcat Web. Once you have logged onto Bearcat Web click on Personal Information and then ‘View/Update Addresses and Phones’. From there scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Update Addresses and Phones’. Your address should update immediately in the system. If you are an alumnus of Lander, please contact Alumni Affairs at 864-388-8351.


Name Change

Students are required to make any name changes in person in the Registrar's Office. This includes changes to email and Social Security Numbers. Make sure to bring a copy of legal documentation (i.e. marriage license, court documents, etc.) for name change requests. 


To conveniently serve our students, Lander University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent to verify degrees and enrollment for current and former students.


Enrollment Verification


Degree Verification


International Students

Current students and alumni who do not have a U.S. social security number on file with the Registrar cannot use the MyLander, Bearcat Web or Clearinghouse options above. Requests for enrollment or degree verification can be made in person at the Registrar’s Office (LC 109).

Please contact MaryKate Leggieri ( for further information.

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

FERPA is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.


Learn More

Student Petition

Students have the right to seek specific relief from the application of the academic policy of the University. 

The request should include a concise letter of the circumstances which have led to the request and any required or suggested supporting documentation. The Student Letter Guidelines (PDF) offers suggestions for the composition of the letter.

At a minimum, the following deadlines must be observed:

  1. Appeal for Readmission (PDF): Students must submit an Application for Admission, an Appeal for Readmission form and a letter of explanation to the Office of Admissions (Learning Center 114) before making an appointment with the Director of Admissions. The Admissions and Petitions Committee will review the application and make the decision on readmission. If you wish, you may appear before the Committee. Readmission initiated or supporting documents received after these deadlines will not be accepted unless you can demonstrate circumstances beyond your control that prevented you from completing the process on time.

  2. Academic Petition (PDF): Petition forms and supporting documents must be submitted no later than the close of business on the work day PRIOR to the Committee meeting day to the Registrar's Office. Petitions and supporting documents submitted after this deadline will be considered at the next monthly meeting of the Committee.

The University Petitions Committee (PDF) meets at least once during each month of the year; the specific meeting dates and times are posted outside the Registrar's Office (Learning Center 122).


Students may drop a course completely during the Drop/Add period through their MyLander account. Students who find it necessary to withdraw from all classes must complete an Official Withdrawal/Temporary Leave Form. 


Learn More