You are using an outdated browser. For a faster, safer browsing experience, upgrade for free today.

On-Campus Student Employment

Students are eligible to work part-time on campus in a variety of settings. Working on campus can provide valuable career experience in addition to helping to offset educational expenses.


Federal Work-Study

Students who are employed and paid under the Federal Work-Study Program must demonstrate financial need by having completed the FAFSA. Anticipated earnings are not applied to student accounts. Rather, students are paid by check biweekly (every two weeks), and are paid at least the federal minimum wage. A Federal Work-Study award does not mean that you are guaranteed a certain amount of earnings, but that you may earn up to a specific total amount.

Institutional Employment - LANDER WORK

Students are also able to work part-time under the Lander Work Program. The Lander Work Program is administered in much the same way as the Federal Work-Study Program, with the exception that the students do not have to demonstrate financial need through the FAFSA. All students are paid by check biweekly (every two weeks), and are paid a wage determined by the supervisor based on the position responsibilities.

Steps for Applying for Jobs on Campus

  1. Select the position(s) in which you are interested by viewing the On Campus jobs in Handshake. To access Handshake sign into MyLander and click the Handshake tab.
  2. Apply for the jobs you are interested in.
  3. Once hired, your supervisor will get a copy of the Employment Authorization form which you will need to sign and date. You cannot begin working until the term start date or the date that you sign the form, whichever comes later. Make sure your supervisor and the Career Services office has a copy.

Note: If this is your first time working at Lander, you will need to bring your driver's license and original Social Security card or birth certificate. For international students, you will need to bring your student passport documenting your student visa status and a copy of your I-20. You will also need to apply for and receive your Social Security card before you begin work. As a limitation of your student visa status, you are limited to working no more than 20 hours/week during periods of enrollment. You will need to schedule an appointment on Handshake to get this done.