Lander students are eligible to apply for academic scholarships, work-study jobs and loans through the Office of Financial Aid. The Department of Mass Communications and Media Studies also offers several scholarships, including scholarships for freshmen and transfer students.
Departmental scholarships are made available to students through the gifts and generosity of faculty, staff and friends of Lander University.
For general university or state scholarship information visit Lander's Office of Financial Aid. Note: Some scholarships are renewable and may not be available on an annual basis.
Please send the following completed items to Laura Hester, MCMS Scholarship Coordinator, Department of Mass Communications and Media Studies, Lander University, 320 Stanley Ave., Greenwood, SC 29649:
If you have any questions call Laura Hester at 864-388-8390, or email email@example.com as soon as possible.
- The Jean O'Brien Burns Scholarship – awarded annually to a student majoring in mass communication and theatre with a theatre emphasis who maintains a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Fine Arts Scholarships – awarded to students in art, music, theatre and dance.
- The Harry and Ruth Hakam Theatre Scholarship – awarded to a promising entering freshman on basis of their academic record, character and evidence of a strong commitment to the theatre arts.
- The Harvey Jeffreys Scholarship – awarded to students who best demonstrate initiative, creativity and promise of growth in theatre. Emphasis in selection will be placed upon entering freshmen but upperclassmen may also be considered. Selection will be made by a committee of theatre faculty.
- The Leo and Louise McMullin Mass Communication Scholarship - awarded to a student majoring in mass communication and theatre.
- The Barbara E. Richter Theatre Scholarship – awarded annually from fund income to a full-time Lander student majoring in theatre. Scholarship is renewable provided recipient remains a full-time student and maintains a 2.7 GPA.
- The Donald H. and Cynthia Y. Scott Scholarship – awarded to a resident of South Carolina and renewable provided the recipient maintains at least a 3.0 GPA.
- The Carroll Sexton Mass Communication Scholarship – awarded to a student majoring in mass communication.
- The Melvin L. Wimmer Theatre Scholarship – awarded to a full-time Lander student majoring in theatre.