The following information is here to assist you with your residential life experience at Lander University.

What to Bring
Your room will have a bed with mattress, a closet or wardrobe, desk and chair. Bring bed linen (XL-Twin), pillows, towels, clothing, bathroom supplies and other personal items with you. A hairdryer, iron, television, small microwave, mini-fridge, powerstrip, dishes and healthcare products are good things to include on your list.  View a complete list.

What to Leave at Home
Candles, incense, knives, weapons, space heaters, powertools, fireworks, explosives, gas or charcoal grills, hot plates, waterbeds, heating pads, electric blankets, drum sets, amplifiers and weight lifting equipment. 

No Pets Please!
We love our furry friends, but animals (dogs, cats, birds, snakes, lizards, iguanas, ferrets, etc.) are not allowed inside the residence halls.  You can bring a fish! Just make sure the aquarium is 10-gallons or smaller.

Service & Emotional Support Animals
Reasonable accommodations are made for service animals to be in the residence hall with a student who has received pre-approval from the Office of Disability Services by providing medical documentation to support the need.

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines a service animal as a dog - trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability. If the dog meets this definition, the animal is considered to be a service animal, regardless of whether it has been licensed or certified by a state or local government. Common examples are guide dogs for the blind or visually impaired; service dogs for those with physical disabilities or hearing impairments. Please refrain from petting or communicating with the service animal, as it interferes with their ability to concentrate and assist their human. 

Brookside - Housing Grant
Since Brookside is a designated area for Learning and Living Communities, students must be pre-approved to live in that residential hall. As a member of a specialized residential community, students receive a grant to assist with housing costs. For more information, contact the Office of Housing & Residence Life.

Summer Housing
Students taking summer courses have the option of living at Lide Apartments. This two bedroom apartment includes one full bathroom, den and full kitchen.

Holiday Housing
The university has four official academic year break periods when classes are not held and campus offices may be closed.  During three of these breaks, only those residence halls designated as "Holiday" remain open for students.

  • Holiday Residence Halls (Open) - Bearcat Village, Centennial Hall, Lide Apartments, University Place. Students must register with the Office of Housing to remain in their assigned room over the holiday.

  • Non-Holiday Residence Halls (Closed) - New Residence Hall, Chipley, Williamston, Brookside, Thomason, McGhee Court.  These residence halls close at 5 p.m. the day prior to break. Students living in these rooms must find alternative housing during the break. Those needing assistance finding a place to stay over the holidays can speak with their RA or contact the Office of Housing.


Fall Break: October 14-15, 2019.  All residence halls remain open.

Thanksgiving Break:  November 27-December 1, 2019

Winter Break:  December 11, 2019 to January 8, 2020

Spring Break:  March 2-11, 2020