student with raImportant Dates and Information

Room and Board

Residents are provided full furnished housing accommodations, including meals, as part of the housing contract.  Rates vary by residential area and can be found on the Residence Hall feature page. You can also print a list of all rates here.

Meal Plans
Required for Student Residents

Every meal plan comes with a number of swipes you can use to enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Dining Hall, plus additional Bearcat Bucks to purchase meals & snacks at other eateries on campus. Purchase Meal Plan  

Housing Application Fee

Once you've submitted the $150 application fee, you'll be given the option of selecting your preferred residence hall and choose a roommate.

Housing Contract
A binding legal agreement

Students living in residence halls are required to sign a Housing Contract before being assigned a room.  The contract is an official lease that signals your agreement to abide by the rules, policies and regulations presented in the document. It also explains all fees and refund policies.

>> Housing Contract Procedures & Dates

>> 2018-2019 Housing Contract

>>2019-2020 Housing Contact

Cancelling the Contract
Send written cancellation before July 31 to avoid penalties.

If you find that your plans have changed and you no longer plan to live on campus, send an email to to give formal notice of your intentions. Include your full  name and L# with a brief statement that you are cancelling the housing contract and no longer in need of campus housing accommodations. 

Appeals Process
Cancelling under extenuating circumstances
When a student is undergoing financial or medical hardships in which they have little or no control over, the housing contract can be terminated with an appeal to defer the "Buy-Out" fee payments. Appeals Form 

Housing Requirement Exemption
Lander University is committed to providing its students with a comprehensive educational experience. By requiring all first-year to reside in campus housing, we are committing ourselves to the growth and development of our students in and outside the classroom. First-year students are required to live in Lander University operated residences unless they are married, a parent, a veteran, or living with their own parents/guardians, a grandparent, or married sibling OR are adult first-time freshmen (21 or older) OR reside within Greenwood County or within a 20 mile radius of 320 Stanley Avenue, Greenwood, SC 29649. Students who wish to have this requirement waived must fill out the Housing Exemption Request form.