Lander University will welcome alumni back to their alma mater during Alumni Weekend, April 20-21.
During the weekend, the 2018 Alumni Award Winners will be presented and recognized. This year's winners include:
- Donald Lloyd, Distinguished Alumni of the Year, an award presented annually to an alumna or alumnus who has distinguished themselves in their chosen field;
- Danielle W. Fields, Outstanding Young Alumni of the Year, an award presented to alumni who have graduated from Lander within the past 15 years and who have served their communities in exemplary ways, and
- Myra Greene, Grace Iler Norman Award, presented to a Lander alumna or alumnus who has shown loyalty and significant achievement within the Alumni Association.
Schedule of Events for Alumni Weekend
Friday, April 20th
- 3-5 p.m.- Lander Archives Tour; Jackson Library.
- 5:30 p.m. - Class of 1968 50th Reunion Dinner at the Lander Alumni Center, located at 302 Hampton Ave. Alumni from the Class of 1968 will gather for their 50th reunion dinner and share fond memories of their time at Lander. The cost is $15 per person, and spouses and guests are welcome.
- 7 p.m. - until: Concert at Howard's on Main, located at 330 Main Street in Greenwood. The concert will feature multiple bands, including "Bad Weather States," with Lander alumni and lead singer Granger Smith and guitarist Austin Landers.
Saturday, April 21st
- 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. - Lander Archives Tour; Jackson Library.
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. - Lander Bookstore open for shopping for Lander merchandise in the Grier Student Center.
- 10 a.m. - Class Reunion Reception and Class Photos for 1958, 1968, 1978 on the Grier Center Bridge, located on third floor of Grier Student Center.
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. Welcome reception and spirits at Grier Student Center Commons.
- 12 p.m. - Alumni Association Luncheon & Awards Recognition at Grier Student Center Commons. The cost is $12 per person, and all alumni are invited to attend.
- 8 p.m.: Starnes reunion at Howard's on Main, upstairs in the Stock Room. Alumni are invited to relive memories of Lander student days at the Starnes establishment. A shag dancing contest, foosball tournament, and jukebox music from the 70s and 80s will be featured.
Registration is needed by Thursday, April 12, and can be made by contacting Debbie Dill or (864) 388-8351.