International Flags GlobeLander University welcomes the applications of qualified students who are not citizens of the United States. Such students may be admitted to Lander under the following regulations in addition to the general admission requirements which all applicants must fulfill:


Exchange Students

Students who do not wish to earn a degree from Lander but only wish to study for a shorter term (a semester or one year) will have to submit everything from the degree seeking section except for the SAT/ACT section.


Degree Seeking Students

A degree seeking student is a student that wishes to attend Lander University and remain until all degree requirements are met to obtain a diploma from the university.

A. An Undergraduate Application or Graduate Application; Lander University prefers its students to apply online, however, if you would like to submit a paper application, download the International Admissions Application (PDF) and mail it to Lander's Office of Admissions.

Application Deadlines
International Students
Fall semester – July 15
Spring Semester – December 1
Summer Semester – April 15

B. Applicants must also supply official school records (transcripts, diplomas, certificates of study, etc), in original language and also officially certified English translations. Students wishing to transfer credit for work completed outside of the U.S. must have a “course-by-course” evaluation completed by a Credential Evaluation Service. World Evaluation Services (WES) frequently provides us with evaluations. However, you may choose to use any service that is certified by the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Education Credentials (NACES). Students may be asked to provide course descriptions or syllabi to determine if and how individual courses might transfer to Lander – the payment and all contact regarding this process is done directly with the evaluation service of your choice and is the responsibility of the student.

C. English Proficiency - while exchange and degree seeking International Students must be proficient in English before acceptance, this proficiency may be demonstrated in one of five ways:

1. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - a student is considered proficient with a score of at least 550 on the paper based exam, 213 on the Computer based exam, or 80 on the internet based TOEFL.

2. Completion of ESL language program earning level 112

3. Completion of the equivalent of Lander University’s English 101 & English 102 from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.

4. English being the official native language

5. The applicant holds a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited American college or university

6. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - A student is considered proficient with a score of at least 6.0 with no subtest scores less than 5.0

7. Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores sent DIRECTLY from the College Entrance Examination Board (Lander's school code 5363) or the American Testing Program (ACT) (Lander's school code 8360). Some international students are exempt from this requirement. For details on the criteria that qualifies for exemption, please contact Jeff Constant at 864-388-8896 or

D. Students must submit an affidavit of support indicating the source of funds being made available to the student to cover all educational and living expenses while enrolled at Lander. This affidavit must indicate the amount of money being provided and the length of time the funds will be available. If sponsorship is through an organization or government agency, the Office of International Programs should be notified directly by the sponsor of the terms of scholarship support. In all cases, students will be responsible for paying their fees at the time of registration. The International Fees Sheet (PDF) will provide you with an estimate of expenses for the fall and spring semesters (September – April). Please note expenses may change without notice. Visit the forms section for important international application forms.

The International Admissions Officer reserves the right to request other information which may be necessary to evaluate the application.

All credentials for International Students must be submitted at least 6 months prior to term of enrollment in order to give this office and the United States Embassy's or Counselor's Offices adequate time to process your visa application.

Upon admission, a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) will be issued. This form will be used to apply for an F-1 Student visa. Holders of F-1 Student visas must enroll as a full time student (at least 12 semester hours) for every semester they are in the United States.

ALL International Students and their dependents residing in the United States must participate in the Lander Student Insurance program (approximately $920 per year) If you have questions concerning benefits/coverage of this plan, please contact Kim Shannon at 864-388-8032 or A health service fee is also required for the student for each term of enrollment.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact Jeff Constant at 864-388-8896 or