If you are a current Lander student and you are interested in study abroad opportunities at any of our 11 sister institutions in Asia, this section highlights several of the programs available to you.

For recent graduates or prospective graduates, teaching opportunities at our sister institutions are available as well. For more information about teaching English in China, Korea or Thailand, contact the Office of International Programs staff.

A Year-Long Program

For recent graduates, you can apply for EPIK (English Program in Korea) and JET (The Japan Exchange and Teaching Program). Both programs are government-sponsored and those who have at least a bachelor's degree are eligible to apply for these programs.

For more details, please come by the Office Of International Programs or contact Jeff Constant.

A Semester-Long Program

“Study and Teaching Abroad with Full scholarships."

TaLK (Teach and Learn in Korea) and EPIK (English Program in Korea) are both Korean government-sponsored scholarship programs. The Office of International Programs staff helps native English students to prepare for the application. TaLK applicants should spend at least 2 years at university for eligibility and if they want to take college credit courses at a Korean university, they can study at one of our sister institutions in Korea and at the same time serve as a TaLK scholar.

Study abroad studentsSister Institutions


  • Ludong University, Shandong
  • Business College of Shanxi, Shanxi
  • Chang’an University, Shaanxi
  • Jiangxi Normal University, Jiangxi
  • Nanfang College of Yat-Sen University, Guangdong
  • Ocean University of China Training Center, Qingdao
  • Qingdao University, Shandong
  • Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai
  • Shanghai University – Sydney Institute of Language & Commerce



  • Naresuan University, Phitsanulok