In South Carolina and across the Nation South Carolina Sex Offenders
Information on all registered adult sex offenders (age 17 and over) is provided on the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) website under the link Sex Offender Registry.
University Police suggest visiting sites such as Family Watchdog.com to view online maps which locate sex offenders in your neighborhood.
Information is also provided on this site for registered sex offenders (age 16 – 12) committing the
offenses listed below:
- Criminal sexual conduct in the first degree (paragraph 16-3-652)
- Criminal sexual conduct in the second degree (paragraph 16-3-653)
- Criminal sexual conduct with minors, first degree (paragraph 16-3-655 (1))
- Criminal sexual conduct with minors, second degree (paragraph 16-3-655 (2) and (3))
- Engaging a child for sexual performance (paragraph 16-3-810)
- Producing, directing, or promoting sexual performance by a child (paragraph 16-3-820)
- Kidnapping (paragraph 16-3-910)
Requests for information on any other registered offenders under age 17 must be evaluated to determine whether the requester qualifies for information on additional offenses for offenders under age 17 as victims of or witnesses to the offense, pubic or private schools, child day care centers, family day care centers, businesses or organizations that primarily serve children, women, or vulnerable adults, or whether the offender, if age 11 or under, has a prior conviction or adjudication of delinquent.
To request information, complete the Sex Offender Registry Public Request Form which is available online at the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED ) or request a form at the Greenwood County Sheriff’s Office.
Mail or Fax to: 803-896-7022.
Sex Offender Registry
PO Box 21398
Columbia, SC 29221
National Sex Offenders
Coordinated by the U.S. Department of Justice, is a cooperative effort between the state agencies hosting public sexual offender registries and the federal government.
The National Sex Offender’s Public Registry is a search tool allowing a user to submit a single national query to obtain information about sex offenders through a number of search options.
Pursuant to South Carolina Code Ann. Paragraph 23-3-400 et seq.: