National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
Lander has 4 of the Divine Nine historically African-American sororities and fraternities on campus. This council works to promote academic excellence, service to Lander, Greenwood, and greater communities, and to foster positive relations among the NPHC Greeks as well as all Greeks on campus. This council sponsors several step and stroll competitions throughout the school year. Lander’s chapters include:
Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Click here for AKA's national home page
- Nickname - AKA's
- Founded - January 15, 1908 at Howard University, Washington, DC
- Colors - Salmon Pink and Apple Green
- Flower - Pink Tea Rose
- Mascot - N/A
- Magazine - Ivy Leaf
- Philanthropies - Meg's House, Coat Drive, Brewer Middle School Tutoring, Economic Empowerment, Adopt - A - Highway
- Quick Facts - Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. is the first African American Greek Sorority founded.
Delta Sigma Theta
- Delta Sigma Theta's home page
- Nickname - Delta's or DST
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Founded - January 13, 1913, Howard University, Washington D.C.
- Colors - Crimson and Cream
- Flower - Violet
- Mascot - N/A
- Magazine - Delta
- Philanthropies - Involved with Habitat for Humanity, South Carolina Adopt-A-Highway, Walk America: Breast Cancer Relay for Life, Adopt-An-Elderly, Adopt-A-Family, Voter's Registration
- Quick Facts - Sponsors lectures and awareness seminars on Lupus, Breast Cancer, diabetes, self-esteem, sexually transmitted diseases, and black awareness. Participate in Women¹s History Month. Jabberwock Pageant, Dr. Betty Shabazz Delta Academy, Mr. Delta Sigma Theta Pageant, sponsored Crimson & Cream Scholarship Ball with Kappa Alpha Psi.
Zeta Phi Beta
- Nickname - Zeta's
- Founded - January 16, 1920, Howard University, Washington D.C.
- Colors - Royal Blue and White
- Flower - White Rose
- Mascot - Dove
- Magazine - The Archonian
- Philanthropies - Stork's nest, March of Dimes, Z.A.D. (Zetas Against Drugs), Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. Scholarship Fund, NAACP
- Quick Facts - First and only official Greek-letter organization constitutionally bound to brother fraternity, Phi Beta Sigma. Encourage the highest standards of scholarship through cultural and educational programs, promote service projects on campus and in the community and exemplify the ideal of finer womanhood.
- Nickname- Sigmas
- Founded- January 9, 1914 at Howard University in Washington, D.C.
- Colors- Royal Blue and Pure White
- Flower- White Carnation
- Symbol - Dove
- Magazine- The Crescent Magazine
- Philanthropies- Project Hope, AIDS/HIV Epidemic, March of Dimes, Project Seed, Project Vote, American Cancer Society, Living Well Brother to Brother
- Quick Facts- An international organization comprised of 150,000 college-educated men, focuses on issues that impact the youth and our communities.