Dean – School of Nursing
Greenwood, South Carolina
Lander University invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean for the School of Nursing. Lander’s School of Nursing—offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees—is a signature program within the university and a leader among its
peers in South Carolina. Program expansion in the coming years will focus on enhanced regional competitiveness through facility expansion, new curricular offerings, student cohort growth, and attractive faculty compensation.
The Dean is responsible for all matters relating to academic leadership and administration including curriculum, budgeting, facilities, faculty, staff and students. The Dean will work closely with the Provost to provide strategic vision and operational
leadership for all aspects of the program, including compliance with State regulations as well as CCNE and SACSOC accreditation requirements.
The Dean is expected to be a strategic thinker who can accomplish an increasingly competitive position for the school within the Southeast region. The successful candidate will demonstrate a broad understanding of the challenges for nursing education
and an ability to articulate the process of maintaining relevance within a fluid job market. External relations, including the pursuit of external funding and collaboration, will be a key requirement.
The successful Dean will excel in the support of teaching, scholarship and service, the recruitment and development of faculty, and the skills to foster interdisciplinary collaboration with other academic programs within the university and community.
The search committee will accept applications until the position is filled.
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related discipline from a regionally and professionally accredited institution;
- Unencumbered license to practice nursing in South Carolina;
- Practice experience in the field of nursing;
- Leadership experience in the context of an undergraduate and graduate nursing program;
- Teaching experience in nursing, including online course management;
- Experience with accreditation with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to operate in a shared governance environment;
- Experience in establishing collaborative relationships with external entities;
- Personal and professional commitments consistent with the mission and values of Lander University.
Send letter of application; curriculum vita; unofficial transcripts of undergraduate and graduate course work; the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three references to:
Office of Academic Affairs
320 Stanley Avenue
Greenwood, SC 29649
Attn: Dr. David Mash, Provost
Material should be sent electronically to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin February 1 and continue until position is filled.
Lander is a tobacco free institution.
All final candidates are subject to successfully completing background requirements.
This position has been deemed a cash sensitive position therefore requires a satisfactory credit report.
Note: The University generally does not sponsor the H-1B Visa.
LANDER UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/TITLE IX