Applying after a Suspension
A student wishing to return to the University after having served their term of suspension must be approved to return by the Admissions and Petitions Committee. In order for the students information to be reviewed they must:
- Complete a new Application for Admission (online preferred)
- Complete the Appeal for Readmission form (PDF).
- Request a meeting with your advisor or the department chairperson to discuss academic goals, your class schedule upon return and have them sign the appeal form.
- Request that the advisor write a statement in your favor.
- Submit a personal statement explaining the circumstances of the suspension and what measures have been taken to correct this in the future.
- Also, meet with the dean of your department to sign off on your return to Lander.
The student's entire appeal packet should be submitted to the Office of Admissions. The Admissions and Petitions Committee meets at least once during each month of the year to review appeals.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 864-388-8307, 1-888-4LANDER or email@example.com.