Congratulations on your admission and welcome to Bearcat Country! We look forward to learning more about you and to watching you grow in your education. This page will help guide you in the next steps in your journey to Lander University. Please remember if you have any questions your admissions counselor is just a phone call away.

Campus Visits

We encourage all students to visit our beautiful campus. There are many opportunities to go on a tour and speak to Lander representatives and current students. We have four Open House events, Bearcat for a Day events, or you can always come for a daily tour. Register online under the Campus Visit section.

Commit to Lander

Reserve your spot at Lander University!  Complete and return the commit card that was included in your acceptance packet by the priority deadline of May 1.  Students must submit this card to receive information on how to apply for campus housing.

Housing on Campus

The Residence Life staff aids students in building a living and learning environment. Living on campus will provide many opportunities to become involved with the University. Residence Hall living can improve performance in the classroom. All first-time freshmen are required to live on campus at Lander University. Waivers of this requirement are available to students from Greenwood County (or those whose hometowns are within 20 miles of the City of Greenwood) and who live with one or both parents/legal guardians, a grandparent or a married sibling; students who are married or who are parents; veterans; and adult first-time freshmen (21 or older).  Students who meet the requirements of a waiver must complete the Housing Exemption Request on the Housing & Residence Life webpage in order to request an exemption.  After students confirm their intent to enroll at Lander, they will receive a step-by-step guide on how to apply for campus housing and pay their housing deposit. Students should commit early. Room assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information visit Housing and Residence Life.

Financial Aid

We know that college can be a huge undertaking financially. If you plan to apply for Financial Aid, you will need to complete the paperwork as soon as possible. Lander has a priority deadline of November 1st. This way we can let you know how much financial aid you can receive at an early date. For more information, please visit Financial Aid.

New Student Orientation

All new freshman students are required to attend one session of Lander University’s summer orientation program.  Your orientation experience will be an exciting one, focused on helping you connect to campus living, campus life, students in your chosen major and the Greenwood community.

All new transfer and returning students are invited to attend a New Student Orientation before the semester begins.  The orientation is designed to educate you on Lander policies and procedures, allow you to meet with an academic advisor, orient you with the campus and take care of other business before classes begin.  

For more information and how to register visit the Orientation website.

Immunization Forms

The health and wellness of our students is a top priority. All students who attend Lander are required to submit an immunization form to the Lander University Wellness Center prior to registration. This form requires a personal health history and a physician signed immunization record (or certificate of immunization). The form was included in your acceptance packet.

Residency Forms

Lander University is required under guidelines enacted by the South Carolina Legislature to determine the resident status of applicants and students for purposes of fees and tuition. The initial determination of one’s resident status is made at the time of admission. The determination made at that time, and any determination made thereafter, prevails for each subsequent semester unless the person’s situation changes. For more information and forms, please go to Admissions Forms.

Veteran Affairs Benefits

Students who are serving, have served, or who are a dependent of a service member of the United States Military should contact the Office of Military and Veteran Services. Our staff will assist you as you begin the process of applying for Veteran Affairs Education Benefits. Please contact Lander University’s Office of Military and Veteran Services as soon as possible to prevent any delays in receiving V.A. Education Benefits.  For more information, contact the Office of Military and Veteran Services at 864-388-8331 or 864-388-8948, or learn more at

Student Activities

Lander offers over 60 different clubs and organizations including academic organizations, honor societies, social fraternities and sororities, professional, religious organizations, dance, theatre, music groups, sports clubs and intramurals. To check out more activities going on this year at Lander, go to Student Affairs.

If you have any questions about your next step on how to become a Lander University Bearcat, please contact the Office of Admissions. We are here every step of the way!