Lander University Honors College
Global Scholars Program
Lander University believes that global understanding is important. Our Study Abroad Program and Honors College both support the goal of producing leaders who have experienced the culture of another country.
Each year, Lander’s Global Scholars Program will offer a limited number of funding opportunities for outstanding Honors College students who plan to spend a semester abroad. Applicants must:
- Be an active member of the Lander University Honors College.
- Submit the Global Scholars Application (by Feb 15 for travel the following academic year).
- Complete the Honors gateway courses, HONS 210 & 211.
- Complete at least one full-time semester at Lander and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25.
- Honors College Study Abroad Scholarships
- Scholarships of $1000 for full-semester programs awarded on academic merit.
- Global Scholars Airfare Grants
- International airfare awarded on academic merit and financial need.
- Global Scholars Supplementary Grants
- Additional grants of $500-$3000 awarded on academic merit and financial need.
Outstanding applicants with high levels of need may receive more than one kind of funding. Upon return to Lander, Global Scholars serve as ambassadors for the Honors College and Study Abroad. Global Scholars are expected to contribute to campus and community events such as Open House, Study Abroad student forums, etc.
The Honors College and Study Abroad directors can also guide students in applying for external funding opportunities through the Gilman Scholarship Program, study abroad program providers, etc. Please ask for advice if you are interested in these other opportunities.