- Apply Now B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Official transcripts of all coursework must be submitted.
- 3 professional letters of reference, one preferably from an employer of the applicant. If the applicant has any training in emergency management, a letter clarifying this participation and the credentials awarded should be submitted.
- A one- to two-page writing sample that describes the applicant’s motivations, interests, and goals for earning this degree. The writing sample should discuss:
- the applicant’s current work responsibilities and participation in emergency management; and/or
- the applicant’s volunteer service related to emergency management; and/or
- the applicant’s future goals and how they relate to the field of emergency management
Course credit toward this M.S. degree:
- If an applicant has extensive in-service experience or previous graduate education in a related field, up to 9 credit hours of transfer academic credit may be awarded on a case-by-case basis.
For more information:
For specific questions about the application and advising, please contact:
Graduate Programs Assistant