Appeals to SAP Decisions

All students who are denied aid due to failure to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress may appeal in writing to the Financial Aid Office. Completed appeal forms must be received by the date specified in the notification to the student. If the Financial Aid Office determines that mitigating circumstances prevented a student from maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress and those circumstances have been resolved, the student may be allowed to continue eligibility for one probationary term at a time or until the student is making satisfactory progress.

Students who are enrolled in a program that requires more than 125 hours to complete the degree may appeal to receive an extended time frame. The extended time frame may vary depending upon the program, but will not exceed 150% of the program length as published in the catalog or documented by the department chair.

All appeals must include an academic plan (signed by an advisor) detailing an anticipated graduation timeframe and in some cases students may be restricted to specific courses or enrollment loads.