The FALS Committee will determine which events will be approved as part of the Fine Arts/Lectureship requirement, based on the following criteria: Will the event help the student...
- develop social awareness and a sense of responsibility to self and others?
- acquire an appreciation and understanding of aesthetic values?
- develop an appreciation for the historical and literary foundations of the western heritage, especially those related to the origin and development of democratic ideals and institutions?
- gain knowledge of global cultures and issues, historic and/or contemporary?
- develop a love for inquiry and learning which will endure throughout life?
- broaden his/her tastes and expand his/her acceptance of contemporary or novel modes of expression (artistic, intellectual, philosophical) as befits the university experience?