INSTRUCTOR of CHEMISTRY
Two-year visiting position
(Anticipated to be renewable)
· MS in Chemistry or Chemical Education required.
· Ability to teach undergraduate freshman chemistry
classes for both majors and non-majors, including lectures and laboratories.
· Upper level lecture and laboratories are possible depending upon experience.
· Salary determined by degree and experience.
· Position starts August 2017.
· Faculty contracts are for nine months.
· The normal teaching load per semester for full-time non-tenure track faculty is 15 contact hours per week. Lecture classes are 3 contact hours per week and each lab is 3 contact hours per week.
· Health and retirement benefits are provided.
· Summer employment is optional under a separate contract and is dependent upon student enrollment.
Lander University has been providing educational and cultural opportunities since its founding in 1872 as Williamston Female College in Williamston, S.C. The college moved to Greenwood, S.C., in 1904 and was renamed Lander in honor of its founder, Samuel Lander. It became part of the state system of higher education in 1973. Lander is now a coeducational, state-assisted, comprehensive, regional, four-year University with traditional liberal arts and science programs, and professional programs in business, education and nursing.
The city of Greenwood has a population of 23,000 with a county population exceeding 70,000. Greenwood is located in the Piedmont of western South Carolina, just 2-4 hours from the beautiful South Carolina beaches or the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Lander is situated on a wooded site of approximately 123 acres. In addition to six major buildings erected since 1973, campus improvements have included extensive renovations to a number of older facilities, new housing complexes, athletics fields and parking lots.
Enrollment is approximately 3,000 with a student body representing 29 states and 17 foreign countries. Minorities make up 33% of the student body; 67% of the student body is female and 33% is male. Campus residence halls accommodate approximately 1,500 students.
Lander has a student/faculty ratio of 17:1 with 138 full time faculty members, the majority of whom hold terminal degrees in their areas. Average class size is 22.
Please send a letter of application, CV, graduate and undergraduate transcripts (unofficial), statement of teaching philosophy, and the names, email addresses, telephone numbers, and addresses for three references to
Dr. Ralph Layland, Chair
Department of Physical Sciences
320 Stanley Avenue
Greenwood, SC 29649
or via email to email@example.com
or via fax at (864) 388 – 8130
Screening of applications will begin February 20, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. AA / EOE
Lander is a tobacco free institution.
All final candidates are subject to successfully completing background requirements.
Note: The University generally does not sponsor the H-1B Visa.
LANDER UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/TITLE IX