Science & Mathematics
The College of Science and Mathematics provides a range of opportunities for students to study in the areas of biology, chemistry, computer information systems, environmental science, engineering, and mathematics. The goal of each program is to provide professional training at the undergraduate level to serve as a foundation for each student to pursue their interests. For some, this means a career in science, computer information systems, or mathematics. For others, it is the preparation to go on to graduate level work in pursuit of a higher degree, or the preparation to enter a medical school for a career in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, physical therapy or veterinary medicine. Please explore the website to gain more information about each department and program in the college.
Housed in two campus buildings, the College of Science and Mathematics offers state-of-the-art facilities where biology students explore their curiosity about the complex web of organisms that thrive in ecosystems and research the causes of modern diseases and their cures; mathematics and computing students work to unravel mathematical or technological mysteries; and chemistry and environmental students study how molecules and elements interact, as well as explore energy alternatives to protect the environment.
College Facilities Include:
- tech-infused classrooms, labs and lecture halls
- a fully functional greenhouse
- chemistry and biology labs, with state-of-the-art equipment
Did You Know?
- Lander has had a medical school acceptance rate of over 90 percent in the last several years.
- Lander dual-degree students applying to Clemson's School of Engineering have maintained a 100 percent acceptance rate, and students in the engineering dual-degree program have earned honors as Clemson's Outstanding Engineering Graduates.