More than 50 Lander University students were honored recently for their scholastic accomplishments during the 2011-2012 academic year, receiving the top discipline and special awards from the university's four academic colleges. The awards were presented during Lander's annual Academic and Student Life Awards ceremony.
Receiving discipline awards from the College of Business and Public Affairs were:
- Casey Lewis, of Williamston, Accounting Award;
- Gary Bertoldo, of Queensland, Australia, Finance/Economics Award;
- Per Enell, of Stockholm, Sweden, Finance/Economics Award;
- Stephen Graves, of Greenwood, Health Care Management Award;
- Lanesha Campbell-Alston, of North Charleston, Management/Marketing Award;
- John Harvey, of Hodges, Criminal Justice Management Award;
- Julia Riley, of Hodges, Sociology Award; and
- Ross Davis, of Bennington, N.H., Political Science Award.
Pictured, from left, are academic award winners from Lander University's College of Business and Public Affairs: Lanesha Campbell-Alston, Casey Lewis, Stephen Graves, Gary Bertoldo and Julia Riley. Not pictured are Per Enell, John Harvey and Ross Davis, and special award winners David Blevins and Derek Moore.
Receiving special awards from the College of Business and Public Affairs were:
- David Blevins, of Ninety Six, the Display of Outstanding Sociological Imagination Award, presented to a student who has demonstrated extreme fervor and creativity to the sociological faculty and who has great potential for future contributions in the area of sociology; and
- Derek Moore, of Greenwood, the Alan Jones Award, established by former Lander political science exchange professor Alan Jones, and presented to the junior or senior majoring in political science who has demonstrated the most outstanding promise since entering the program.