Why study mass communications and media studies at Lander?
Communication matters. In today’s media-dominated society, communications and media studies is one of the most flexible and relevant programs on college campuses. Lander’s mass communications and media studies major prepares students to become successful communicators. Our students learn to communicate through the written word and voice as well as through traditional and innovative media technologies.
The major offers a unique blend of rigorous academic engagement and relevant hands-on experience to prepare students for success in a media-driven culture.
Did you know?
- Required courses include oral, visual and written communication, and communication through media technologies including print, radio, television, video, web and mobile.
- Students gain hands-on experience with media software and technology, beginning as freshmen.
- Flexibility of the program allows students to take upper-level classes related to their professional interests.
- Our faculty are award-winning professional communicators who create a supportive environment for students.
- Internships are a built-in requirement of Lander’s mass communications and media studies program, helping students get started on networking as growing professionals.
- Lander is within driving distance to Atlanta, Ga., Charlotte, N.C., Charleston, S.C., and Orlando, Fla. – all thriving centers of entertainment, television and film production.
Mass Communications and Media Studies curriculum
Lander offers a diverse selection of courses and programs tailored to your professional goals.
You'll begin by establishing a strong foundation in a core program built upon verbal and written communication. Other courses in the core help students develop skills in communicating through multiple media and give them insights into professional, theoretical, critical, and historical aspects of the industry.
- Writing for multiple media
- Radio production
- Video production
- Script writing
- Communication photography
- Public Relations
- Voice-over acting
For more information, check out the University Catalog
, or follow one of the links below: