Explosion, Downed Aircraft on Campus
In the event that an explosion or downed aircraft occur on campus take the following actions:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks and other objects which will give protection against
falling glass or debris.
- After the effects of the explosion and/or fire have subsided, notify University Police. Give
your name and describe the location and nature of the emergency.
- If necessary, or when directed to do so, activate the building fire alarm system.
- When the fire alarm is sounded, or when told to leave by University officials, walk quickly to
the nearest exit and ask others to do the same. Assist the Disabled or injured in exiting the
- Once outside, move to assembly point away from the affected building. Keep streets and
sidewalks clear for emergency vehicles and crews. Know your area assembly location and go to that
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless instructed to do so by a University