Special Benefits of the Bridge Program
Bridge Program participants will benefit from many services that allow each student to transfer to Lander University as smoothly as possible.
- Interested participants can become Bridge Students at any of South Carolina’s 16 public technical colleges.
- Participants have access to dual academic advisement by professionals at both the technical college of their choice and Lander University.
- Courses taken at the technical colleges (listed in the Advising Guide) transfer to Lander and, more importantly, satisfy the students’ academic program requirements for the university.
- A Lander representative will travel to each technical college throughout the year and will be available to speak with Bridge students during their freshman year at the technical college.
- Upon successful completion of the Bridge requirements associated with the technical college of your choice, Bridge students are granted full acceptance into Lander University.
- Bridge students are eligible for priority registration times.
- Specific transfer orientation sessions are available for Bridge students prior to enrolling at Lander.
Participants also have the following special benefits associated with the Bridge Program:
- Lander University Bridge ID card (see LUPD)
- Free admission to Lander athletic events
- Admission to Fine Arts Lecture Series (FALS) events (required for graduation from Lander)
- Priority Registration Period (a semester prior to Lander enrollment)
- Access to Lander’s Jackson Library
- Access to Lander’s Academic Success Center
- Access to Lander’s PRAXIS Lab (for Education majors)
- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- Transfer Articulation Advisement
- Access to Lander’s Office of Career Services, which provides:
- Career Counseling
- Job Postings
- Career Fairs
- Workshops & Seminars
- Opportunity to purchase commuter meal plans for use in:
- Bearcat Den
- Java City
- Dining Hall