Lecturer/Assistant Professor of Nursing
Open Date: 05/16/14 Close Date: 06/11/14
Description: Seeking applications for a full-time tenure track faculty position to begin August 2014.
University teaching role includes teaching, academic advising, professional development/scholarship,
and service. Teaching load usually includes 12-15 contact hours per semester.
Minimum Requirements: Unencumbered license to practice nursing in SC; MSN required. Teaching
experience in a BSN nursing program preferred; clinical experience in an acute care setting within the
past 2 years required, clinical experience in medical/surgical setting preferred; experience with patient
simulators preferred. Valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Good communication and people skills; demonstrated skill in the use
of computer technology to conduct and support administrative, teaching, and scholarly activities.
Assignments to include didactic (classroom) and laboratory/clinical instruction in medical/surgical
nursing or introductory nursing courses. Must be willing and able to be trained in classroom and clinical use of computers and patient simulators.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Work Hours: Varied
Apply: Applications can be submitted online at www.jobs.sc.gov and must be received by June 11,
2014. Please also attach curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for at least 3
references. Receipt of individual applications not acknowledged. See position status at
Lander University is a tobacco-free campus.
All final candidates are subject to successfully completing background requirements, drug screening, and other health screening requirements specified by clinical affiliation agreements.
The University generally does not sponsor HB1 Visa's.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/TITLE IX
Laboratory/Clinical Instructor Positions
The William Preston Turner School of Nursing invites applications for laboratory/clinical instructor positions for various clinical specialties. Our clinical days are Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the academic year (September- April).
- Assumes campus/clinical laboratory supervision role
- Assists in teaching activities within designated courses under the leadership of the course coordinator
- Assists in planning and evaluating specific courses within the curriculum
- Maintains currency of nursing knowledge and skills in area of preparation
- Carries out instructional designs developed by course coordinator
- Enhances clinical knowledge and skills in area of teaching focus
- Expands nursing knowledge and skills in area of preparation
- Functions under the supervision of a course coordinator who maintains overall course responsibility
- Master’s degree in nursing preferred; Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
- Unencumbered RN licensure in South Carolina
- BLS certification
- A minimum of two years clinical practice as a professional registered nurse
- Evidence of effective clinical practice that includes experience with formal and informal teaching of patient groups or student groups, and/or of licensed nurses groups
- Must have a satisfactory drug screen and background check
- Must meet immunization and health screening requirements
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested individuals may apply by completing the Laboratory/Clinical Instructor Application and submitting the application with a resume and the names/phone numbers of three references to:
Robbie South, D.H.Ed.,MSN, APRN, PHCNS-BC
Associate Professor and Director
William Preston Turner School of Nursing
320 Stanley Avenue
Greenwood, SC 29649
*Applicants for employment are required to undergo a background investigation in our selection and hiring process to help determine the applicant’s/employee’s overall employability. The final candidate(s) must successfully satisfy the employment background, drug and health screen requirements prior to entering the workforce A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act is available for your review on the Lander University Human Resources web site.