Professional dispositions are those values, attitudes and traits that are associated with the best practices for effective teaching. The Lander University teacher preparation programs focus on those professional dispositions which effective teachers develop and model to promote student success.
The EPIC Professional Educator acts consistently in accord with these professional dispositions: Values, Attitudes and Beliefs
EPIC Professional Educators demonstrate respect for diversity and act on the belief that all students can learn.
Commitment to the Profession
- They treat all students in a fair and equitable manner, exemplifying a caring and open demeanor.
- They conduct themselves with mindfulness of respect for self and others.
EPIC Professional Educators are committed and enthusiastic activists in providing an engaging, well-structured learning environment.
Communication and Collaboration
- They are reflective practitioners who think about what they do and how to do it better.
- They model the habits of lifelong learner by using professional resources to improve knowledge and practice.
EPIC Professional Educators work together with others to achieve positive student-centered results.
- They collaborate as team members or as leaders for the benefit of students.
- They communicate effectively and respectfully with varied audiences.
EPIC Professional Educators demonstrate truthfulness and trustworthiness.
- They are aware of accepted ethical codes of conduct for their profession.
- They abide by this code of conduct and strive to meet high ethical standards in all that they do.
Faculty in the Teacher Preparation Unit provide candidates feedback on their demonstration of professional dispositions through the following written documentation: