Receiving awards from the Lander University College of Business and Public Affairs were, pictured, front row, from left: Rebecca K. Gibson, Management/Marketing Award; Diondra C. Brownlee, Health Care Management Award; and Rodney O. White Jr., Display of Outstanding Sociological Imagination Award. Back row, from left: Zaneta Kubicka, Alan Jones Award; Kierra N. Brown, Political Science Award; Mihajlo Kozjak, Finance/Economics Award; and Craig J. Crawley, Accounting Award. Not pictured: Alexandria N. Byrd, Sociology Award.
More than 50 Lander University students were recently honored for their scholastic accomplishments during the 2013-14 academic year, receiving the top academic discipline and special awards from the university's four colleges. The awards were presented during Lander's annual Academic Awards ceremony, held at the conclusion of the spring semester.
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
- Accounting Award - Craig J. Crawley, of Starr
- Finance/Economics Award - Mihajlo N. Kozjak, of Belgrade, Serbia
- Health Care Management Award - Diondra C. Brownlee, of Anderson
- Management/Marketing Award - Rebecca K. Gibson, of North Augusta
- Political Science Award - Kierra N. Brown, of North Charleston
- Sociology Award - Alexandria N. Byrd, of Greenville
- Display of Outstanding Sociological Imagination Award - Rodney O. White Jr., of Edgefield. The award is presented to sociology majors who have amply demonstrated potential for success in graduate school.
- Alan Jones Award - Żaneta Kubicka, of Wschowa, Poland. Named in honor of a former international visiting professor, the award is presented to the junior or senior majoring in political science who has demonstrated the most outstanding promise since entering the program.