More than 50 Lander University students were recently honored for their scholastic accomplishments during the 2012-13 academic year, receiving the top academic discipline and special awards from the university's four colleges. The awards were presented during Lander's annual Academic Awards ceremony, held at the conclusion of the spring semester. Receiving discipline awards from the College of Business and Public Affairs were:
- Ansley Ripka, of Lake Wiley, Accounting Award;
- Madena Gossett, of Greenwood, Criminal Justice Management Award;
- Tanner Robb, of Liberty Lake, Wash., Finance/Economics Award;
- Briana Stevens, of Abbeville, Health Care Management Award;
- Kelly Plemmons, of Inman, Management/Marketing Award;
- Ryan McNulty, of Jacksonville, Fla., Political Science Award; and
- Brittany Buckner, of Greenwood, Sociology Award.
Receiving special awards from the College of Business and Public Affairs were:
- Katrina Brooks, of Calhoun Falls, the Display of Outstanding Sociological Imagination Award, presented to sociology majors who have amply demonstrated potential for success in graduate school; and
- Aaron Talmage, of Greenwood, the Alan Jones Award, named in honor of a former international visiting professor, and presented to the junior or senior majoring in political science who has demonstrated the most outstanding promise since entering the program.
Receiving discipline and special awards from the Lander University College of Business and Public Affairs were, pictured, front row, from left: Ansley Ripka, Accounting Award; Madena Gossett, Criminal Justice Management Award; and Kelly Plemmons, Management/Marketing Award. Back row, from left: Ryan McNulty, Political Science Award; Brittany Buckner, Sociology Award; and Katrina Brooks, Display of Outstanding Sociological Imagination Award. Also receiving awards, not pictured, were: Tanner Robb, Finance/Economics Award; Briana Stevens, Health Care Management Award; and Aaron Talmage, Alan Jones Award.