Off-Campus Student Services
There are nearly 3,000 students enrolled at Lander University with about 50% of those students living off-campus and commuting to classes each day. Click Here for Printable Campus Map.
If you are thinking about living off-campus, already live off-campus or are commuting to campus, we have some helpful information in this section.
Health & Safety
Is Living Off-Campus for You?
Living off campus, away from residence halls, can provide exciting new benefits, challenges and responsibilities. If you like privacy, independence and the chance to pick your own roommates, perhaps living off-campus is the right choice for you! Independence brings more responsibilities, such as paying for rent and utilities. This guide was created to help you through the process of finding your own place and successfully living off-campus!
Here are some questions to consider before you begin:
- Are you interested in a house, condominium, or apartment?
- What is your price range?
- Do you want to live with roommates?
- Should it be in walking distance, biking distance or do you have your own transportation?
- Is the distance from campus an issue?
- What amenities would you like? Pool, gym, air conditioning, dishwasher?
- Do you have or want to get a pet?
- Does the facility need to be handicap accessible?