Off-Campus Student Services
There are about 3,000 students enrolled at Lander University with about 50% of those students living off-campus and commuting to classes each day. Click Here for Printable Campus Map.
Off-Campus Student Services (OCSS) is part of the Office of Student Affairs and offers resources for Lander University students' off-campus living and/or commuting experience. If you are thinking about living off-campus, already live off-campus or are commuting to campus, OCSS is here for you. Check out the OCSS website for more resources and information. Do not hesitate to contact the office at (864) 388-8240 if you have any questions, comments or concerns about your off-campus experience.
Is Living Off-Campus for You?
Living off campus, away from residence halls, can provide exciting new benefits, challenges and responsibilities. If you like privacy, independence and the chance to pick your own roommates, perhaps living Off-Campus is the right choice for you! Independence brings more responsibilities, such as paying for rent and utilities. This guide was created to help you through the process of finding your own place and successfully living off-campus!
Here are some questions to consider before you begin:
- Are you interested in a house, condominium, or apartment?
- What is your price range?
- Do you want to live with roommates?
- Should it be in walking distance, biking distance or do you have your own transportation?
- Is the distance from campus an issue?
- What amenities would you like? Pool, gym, air conditioning, dishwasher?
- Do you have or want to get a pet?
- Does the facility need to be handicap accessible?