Students are required to have a Lander University Health Form on file with the Student Health Center. Click here to download Lander University’s Health Immunization Form.
Are You Immunized?
The following immunizations/tests are required of Lander University students PRIOR to registration. Each immunization must be dated and signed or stamped by a health care professional/office. Parental signature is not acceptable.
- Red Measles Vaccine (Rubeola) -Students born after 1956 must have documentation of two measles vaccinations.
- German Measles Vaccine (Rubella) - Live vaccine or titer.
- Intradermal TB Skin (PPD) Test w ithin twelve month prior to Lander University enrollment.
Tine Test (prong test) is not acceptable. BCG vaccination is not a contraindication to tuberculin skin testing, therefore anyone given a history of BCG vaccination is required to have a tuberculin test (Mantoux method).
Where Can You Receive Immunizations?
- Bacterial Meningitis Vaccine - The Centers for Disease Control and Lander University Student Health Services strongly recommend that any freshman student living in a residence hall be vaccinated against bacterial meningitis.
- Tetanus Diptheria - Booster in past 10 years.
- Varicella (chickenpox) Vaccinations - Not required prior to enrollment at this time, although students entering health professions and occupations with exposure to young children should have a history of varicella (chickenpox) disease or vaccination.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine - The American College Health Association and the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control strongly recommend Hepatitis B Vaccine for all students prior to college entry, especially those planning to enter health professions.
- Meningococcal Vaccine - The CDC recommends that incoming freshman who will live in dormitories should have the meningococcal vaccine.
- Your private physician
- Local medical centers
- Local health departments can provide the second MMR and the DT booster free of charge or for a nominal fee to all entering college freshmen.
For more information about Lander University’s immunization policy, call Student Health Services at (864) 388-8885. You may also obtain a Health Form or Immunization Record from the Student Health Center or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.