Saturday, October 24, 2015
11:00am-2:00pm Daytime festival
7:00pm-10:00pm Evening concert with Fireworks at the Amphitheatre
RVSP to Picnic Lunch
Lander students and their families are invited to Bearcat Country's traditional autumn festival "Family Day". This is a fantastic time for parents, grandparents and the entire family to visit their college student while enjoying some great food and music!
What can you expect at Family Day?
- Fun Activities such as giant inflatables, face-painting, pumpkin decorating, corn hole toss, disc golf and so much more!
- Live Music! Sweet Water Junction performs on-stage from 11:00am-2:00pm. This band plays a variety of popular tunes that are sure to please the crowd. You can expect to hear some classic rock, beach music, MoTown and new hits.
- Picnic Lunch from 11:30am-1:30pm outside on the Amphitheatre Lawn includes fried and baked chicken, fresh garden salad, pasta salad, potato salad, cupcakes and Tea or Lemonade. Students with meal plans should bring their Lander ID. Guests may purchase a picnic lunch for $7.00. Children ages 3 & under eat free. RVSP to Picnic Lunch!
- Paint 'n Pour held from 10:00am-11:30am for our Lander students who wish to create their own masterpiece of Laura Lander. Cost is $10. Students should check their Lander email for sign-up instructions.
- Picnic Lunch from 11:00am-2:00pm outside on the Amphitheatre Lawn near all the festivities. Students with meal plans should bring their Lander ID. Guests may purchase a picnic lunch for $7.00, which includes buffet, beverage & dessert, between 11:00am-2:00pm on the lawn near all the festivities. Children ages 3 & under eat free. RVSP to Picnic Lunch!
- Family Yoga will be held from 2:00pm-3:00pm outside on the Cultural Center Lawn near the new water fountain. This casual drop-in style yoga session is for our students, faculty, staff and their families (Free). Our instructor will guide you through a relaxing 15-minute session of peaceful yoga stretches to rejuvenate the body and soul! Drop in at any point. Don't worry, we will have extra mats for those who don't have one. (Rain location is Chandler Center's gym).
- Family Bingo (plus Dinner) will be held from 5:00pm-6:00pm inside the Dining Hall. Play a few rounds of Bingo, win prizes and enjoy a delicious dinner in the cafe where it is all-you-care-to-eat selections of home-cooked entrees, pizza, salad bar, deli, grill, desserts and beverages. Cost to enter the Dining Hall: Lander meal-plan or $7.00 per guest.
- Bearcat Spirit! Catch the spirit led by a few tumbles and cheers from our favorite Bearcat Cheerleaders, then head over to the Jeff May Sports Complex to cheer on our Bearcat soccer team. Game begins at 3:30pm.
- Evening Concert with Fireworks! begins at 7:00pm at the Amphitheatre stage featuring the upcoming country band, Norlina, Fireworks Show during intermission. Concert ends at 10:00pm. Concessions will be available. No coolers allowed in the Amphitheatre area.
Click here for directions and a Campus Map
In the event of rain, dining and festivities will be held inside the Grier Student Center.