The goal of Multicultural Affairs is to offer a culturally diverse program to all minority students and organizations represented at Lander. Including but not limited to, religion/religious affiliation, sexual orientation, ethnic backgrounds, and race.
Listed below are opportunities for you to become involved with diverse organizations and programs at Lander University.
- R.O.O.T.S.- Reaching Our Objectives Through Solidarity. R.O.O.T.S. is a mentoring program targeting freshman minority students.
- M.O.M.S. -Minorities On The Move. The M.O.M.S. organization supports and encourages growth and development for all minorities through programming efforts The group fosters positive growth of minority faculty, staff and students at Lander University.
- I.S.O. - International Student Organization - The ISO organization aids international students in their transition from their home countries to Lander University.
- NPHC-National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) governs the historically African-American fraternities and sororities. Greek organizations across the nation and at Lander have accepted people of different races. College life is about sharing new ideas and cultures. Each chapter is unique, with its own traditions, customs, and activities, but each shares common principles of friendship, scholarship, leadership, and community service. Do not overlook an organization just because it is different from your culture or race.
- Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity
- Hispanic Awareness Celebration
- International Education Week
- Participation in the Angel Tree
To learn more about Multicultural Affairs, stop by the Student Activities Office located in the Grier Student Center, GC-214.