National Panhellenic Council (NPC)
The Lander NPC is the governing body of 3 nationally recognized women’s fraternities and sororities. NPC is a nationally recognized group that is part of a campus network spanning more than 260 college campuses across the United States and Canada. This council helps to facilitate recruitment as well as develop judicial policy and procedure for the 3 chapters. This council also sponsors the annual Mr. Lander Pageant. Lander’s NPC chapters are:
Gamma Phi Beta
- Gamma Phi Beta National Home Page
- Nickname - Gamma Phi, G Phi B
- Founded - November 11, 1874, Syracuse University, New York
- National Colors - Brown and Mode
- Local Colors - Pink and Brown
- Flower - Pink carnation
- Symbols - Crescent Moon, butterfly, watermelon
- Motto- "Founded Upon a Rock"
- Philanthropies - nationally - Campfire USA for underprivileged and abused children (Vancouver, Canada). Locally - Juvenile Diabetes Association and local camping.
- Quick Facts - One of seven sororities that started the National Panhellenic Conference. First women's organization to coin the term "sorority." 2001 Greek Achievement Award, 2001 Homecoming 2nd Place Overall, 1998 Homecoming 3rd Place Overall. 1996 and 1996 Greek Week Winner, 1997 Intramural Volleyball champions. Sponsored 2000 Greek God and 2001 Greek Man of Year. 1999-2000 Miss Lander 1st Runner-up was a Gamma Phi Beta. 1997-98 Lander and Greek Woman of the Year were Gamma Phi Betas. The 2007 Greek Woman of the year was also a Gamma Phi Beta.
- Phi Mu - Kappa Tau Chapter
- Phi Mu - National Home Page
- Nickname - Phi Mu
- Founded - March 4, 1852, Wesleyan Female College, Macon, Georgia
- Colors - Rose and White
- Flower - Rose Carnation
- Symbols - Lion - "Sir Fidel", Quatrefoil
- Magazine - The Aglaia
- Philanthropy - Children's Miracle Network
- Quick Facts - Phi Mu's Nationwide have raised over $7 million for CMN since 1986. 2006, 2007, and 2008 Overall Homecoming Winners. 2006 Homecoming Queen was a Phi Mu. 2007 Homecoming Queen 1st Runner Up was a Phi Mu. 2006 Miss Lander was a Phi Mu. 2007 Miss Lander 1st Runner Up was a Phi Mu. 2008 Lander Organization of the Year. 2008 Community Service Organization of the year. Sponsors Annual "Big Man on Campus". The Movie "Steel Magnolias" is based on a Phi Mu. 2nd Oldest National Sorority. Oldest Sorority at Lander - established March 1971.
Zeta Tau Alpha
- Zeta Tau Alpha National Home Page
- Zeta Tau Alpha— Iota Omicron Chapter Page
- Nickname - Zetas
- Founded - October 15, 1898, Longwood College, Farmville, Virginia
- Colors - Turquoise and Steel Gray
- Flower - White Violet
- Symbols - Five Point Crown, Strawberry
- Motto- "Seek The Noblest"
- Magazine - Themis
- Philanthropies - Breast Cancer Education and Awareness
- Quick Facts - Raised $2000 for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation 2007, 2nd Place Homecoming Queen 2008, 2nd Place Homecoming King 2008, 2nd Runner Up Miss Lander University 2008, Greek Softball Champions 2007 and 2008, Greek Basketball Champions 2008, 1st Place Step and Talent Homecoming 2007, Most Spirited Recipient Relay for Life 2007, South Carolina Zeta Day Step Show Winners, Chapter's first President (1986) is the current CEO United Way of Greenwood