Inter-Fraternity Council (IFC)
The IFC at Lander is a governing body comprised of members from each of the affiliated chapters. IFC is responsible for coordination of recruitment, judiciary policies and procedures, inter-fraternity relations as well as promoting positive relations with all Greeks on campus.
Lander has 1 nationally recognized fraternity on campus:
Alpha Tau Omega
• National Alpha Tau Omega Home Page
• Nickname - ATO's
• Founded - September 15, 1865, Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, Virginia
• Colors - Azure and Gold
• Flower - White Tea Rose
• Mascot - Louisiana Yard Dawgs
• Magazine - The Palm
• Philanthropies – Shriner’s Hospital, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Greenwood Humane Society, Greenwood Foodbank
• Quick Facts – Lander is the founding chapter of ‘ATO Goes Homeless’, a philanthropic event where brothers live in a tent city on campus for the week collecting canned food for Greenwood Foodbank and clothing donations for Salvation Army. ATO was the 2013 Recipient of the American Democracy Project Organization of the Year for Civic Engagement. They were on the winning team for Greek Week 2014 along with Zeta Tau Alpha and Delta Sigma Theta. An Alpha Tau Omega brother was voted Greek Man of the year at the Student Life Awards 2014.