Costs and Contracts
Student Housing on Campus
Students living on campus must sign a Lander University "Housing Contract" and comply with terms of the contract. For information on move-in dates, contract buy-out dates and more, please refer to the "Important Facts & Dates document".
Basic expenses for full time students living on campus can be found online at Lander University's Business Office by viewing tuition and fees. All fees subject to change.
- Advance Registration Deposit - Undergraduate freshmen intending to enroll at Lander are required to submit a $100 advance registration deposit to confirm their plans. This deposit will be used towards paying the student's university fees. The deposit is not refundable after May 1 for fall and December 1 for spring.
- Return Check Charge -$25.00 Charge for check returned by bank.
- Textbooks - Normally allow between $500.00 - $600.00 per semester. For your convenience, the Bookstore accepts MasterCard, VISA American Express and Discover credit cards.
- Parking Permit -Students must have parking permit to park on campus. A fee of $30 per semester or $50 per year can be paid at the Business Office located in the Carnell Learning Center. Take receipt of payment to Lander University Police Department (LUPD) for parking permit. LUPD is located in the back of Genesis Hall.
- Housing Damage Deposit - All boarding students are required to deposit with the University a $75 damage deposit. This will be refunded subject to conditions cited in the housing contract.
- Room Confirmation Fee – A returning boarding student is required to pay a non refundable room confirmation fee of $100 by March 15, 2012 for the 2012-2013 Academic Year. New housing applicants are required to pay a room confirmation fee of $100 along with their $75 Room Damage Deposit (total deposit due with application $175). This room confirmation fee will be deducted from the student’s room and board fee and is not refundable for new housing applicants after June 30.
- Single Room - A student who requests single occupancy in a double room will be charged an extra one half the semester fee for residence hall involved per semester. Rooms are subject to availability