Success in College
You took a major step when you decided to pursue a college degree. The Office of Career Services is here to help you reach your professional career goals!
If you're undecided on a career path, we can help you explore career options that fit your personality, talents and skills. A free online personality test is listed here. For those students who need a more in depth personality evaluation, the Office of Career Services can arrange other assessments.
helps students explore career options while bringing insight into their personality traits and workplace values. Career Assessment tests are designed to help students make well-informed decisions while choosing a fulfilling career. MyPlan.com's
research and data are among the most comprehensive and offers dozens of easy-to use tools including Career Assessment Tests, Job Boards, Majors and Careers, Salary Calculators and much, much more!
During your first year, meet with a Career Consultant to begin developing a resume. Consider finding a part-time job to earn income and experience. Get involved & participate in campus activities.
From part-time jobs to full-time career positions, your job search success may be as simple as visiting your campus Career Center. Once you arrive on campus, explore the university and all it has to offer.
- Get to know the faculty and staff
- Explore the entire campus
- Research careers in your field of interest
- Participate in campus recreation or intramural sports
- Become involved in student activities
- Consider joining a student club or organization
- Volunteer in community service activities
- Enjoy all that college has to offer
- Decide on a major or career goal
- Manage your time and balance study with play
- Keep your grades up
- Get enough sleep and eat well
Develop a Strategy
- Create a resume
- Evaluate your talents, skills and personality
- Consider a part-time job or internship to gain work experience