Joe V. Chandler Center
Aerobic classes are offered each semester for students, faculty and staff. Aerobic exercise is a great stress-buster while giving you more energy and a healthier look.
- BOOTCAMP – This class consists of high-intensity interval training that can leave any one breathless. Body weight movements such as squats, lunges, pushups, and running will be involved plus the use of resistance bands and/or weights will make all other exercises a challenge during this class.
- CARDIO KICKBOXING – A fat-burning, muscle-building workout that blends striking with interval training. You'll punch with jabs, crosses, hooks, and uppercuts, and perform front kicks and roundhouse kicks while also doing bodyweight strength exercises. Students can expect to be exhausted afterward! The average person will burn between 600 and 800 calories in a one-hour class.
- HIP-HOP DANCE - Burn up the dance floor and burn calories too! HHD blends hip hop and dance moves, making them simple and easy to follow! Anyone can do this! This workout feels more like a night on the town than exercise. Drop the pounds and get rapid results while you dance, dance, dance!
- SPIN - All classes will be an interval, all level spin cycling class focusing on burning away those unwanted calories and strengthening your legs and core in a group atmosphere.
- TABATA TRAINING – A Tabata workout is an interval training cycle of 20 seconds of maximum intensity exercise, followed by 10 seconds of rest, repeated without pause 8 times for a total of four minutes. A typical class will consist of several rounds of these sequences.
- YOGA - An Iyengar inspired introduction to the fundamentals of yoga with an explanation of the postures combined with correct breathing techniques. Class is conducted at a more relaxed pace and all levels are welcome.
- ZUMBA - Zumba allows anyone and everyone to have fun while dancing and exercising, and at the same time - learning different styles of Latin movement to amazing Latin music and burning calories.