The Pool is now closed for the season.
Pool Hotline (864) 388-8702
The Pool is closed when thunderstorms are in the area.
All patrons must have a current and valid Lander ID or Lander Facility Membership Card to enter the pool area.
Facility Membership Cards
Sproles Recreation Center
The pool is open to students, faculty and staff or those with a valid Facilities Membership Card. Patrons are not allowed to bring guests, you must show a valid Lander ID for each person entering the area to use the pool.
The pool area has vending and snack machines, rest-rooms and a changing area. The pool is equipped with a handicap lift for those needing assistance.
- Pool access - Any current Lander student, faculty or staff will have access to the pool. Must have valid Lander ID to enter the pool area.
- Children must have a Facility Membership Card to enter pool area:
- Age 15 & Under- Must be accompanied by an adult.
- Age 16 & Over- May use the pool without parent supervision. However, parents are still responsible for their children's behavior at the pool.
- Any child violating pool regulations is subject to loss of pool use.
- Inclement weather and water quality issues- The pool is subject to closing at any time due to inclement weather and/or an unsafe chemical ratio. To get information on pool closings, call the outdoor pool hotline at (864) 388-8702.
- Groups - Any group that wishes to use the outdoor pool needs
to contact the Office of Facility Scheduling at (864) 388-8335.
- Additional Rules while at the pool:
- No running or rough play allowed
- No alcohol or drugs
- No spitting or blowing nose in pool
- No person/s with illness is allowed in the pool
- No person with skin, eye or ear infection is allowed in the pool
- No person with open wounds is allowed in the pool
- No animals are allowed in the fenced in pool area
- No glass items (cups, plates) are allowed in the pool area
- Proper swimming attire is required
- Lander's certified pool operator is Kent Ouzts