Must have valid Lander ID to enter the pool area.
Pool Hotline (864) 388-8702
The Pool is closed when thunderstorms are in the area.
All patrons must have a current and valid Lander ID or Lander Facility Membership Card to enter the pool area.
Facility Membership Cards
Summer Pool Hours:
Sproles Recreation Center
The pool is open to students, faculty and staff or those with a valid Facilities Membership Card. Patrons are not allowed to bring guests, you must show a valid Lander ID for each person entering the area to use the pool.
The pool area has vending and snack machines, rest-rooms and a changing area. The pool is equipped with a handicap lift for those needing assistance.
- Pool access - Any current Lander student, faculty or staff will have access to the pool. Must have valid Lander ID to enter the pool area.
- Children must have a Facility Membership Card to enter pool area:
- Age 15 & Under- Must be accompanied by an adult.
- Age 16 & Over- May use the pool without parent supervision. However, parents are still responsible for their children's behavior at the pool.
- Any child violating pool regulations is subject to loss of pool use.
- Inclement weather and water quality issues- The pool is subject to closing at any time due to inclement weather and/or an unsafe chemical ratio. To get information on pool closings, call the outdoor pool hotline at (864) 388-8702.
- Groups - Any group that wishes to use the outdoor pool needs to contact the Office of Facility Scheduling at (864) 388-8335.
- Additional Rules while at the pool:
- No running or rough play allowed
- No alcohol or drugs
- No spitting or blowing nose in pool
- No person/s with illness is allowed in the pool
- No person with skin, eye or ear infection is allowed in the pool
- No person with open wounds is allowed in the pool
- No animals are allowed in the fenced in pool area
- No glass items (cups, plates) are allowed in the pool area
- Proper swimming attire is required
- Lander's certified pool operator is Kent Ouzts