Joe V. Chandler Center
Student Fitness Center
Fitness Center, Gymnasium, Walking track & Racquetball courts
Hours of Operation: Monday
A place for Students, Faculty
and Staff to enjoy!
Free play dominates the building in the afternoons, while academics take priority in the morning. known as PEES to many Lander students, the Chandler Center is the campus hub for all indoor recreation.
Click here for a printable copy of the Chandler Center Policies & Procedures
- STUDENT FITNESS CENTER - This new facility features numerous treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical & weight machines, free weights and more in an impressive 6,800 sq ft area. It's the perfect place to work on toning and strengthening your muscles. Virtual Tour: View-1, View-2, View-3, View-4
- GYM -The Chandler Center has (3) Full-Size Basketball Courts which can be used for basketball as well as other sports such as volleyball, badminton and indoor soccer. (Virtual Tour)
- INDOOR TRACK - Whether you like to run simply for the joy of it, or looking for a way to get into shape, the indoor track provides walkers and runners a place to stretch their legs. The track stretches 1/10 mile around the upper level of the Chandler Center Gym.
- RACQUETBALL COURTS – The Chandler Center has (6) racquetball courts. Racquetball is a fast-paced game that requires endurance, skill and body control. The game is more casual than tennis but very challenging. Enthusiasts enjoy it for its vigorous work-out.
- AEROBICS / DANCE STUDIO- Aerobic classes are offered each semester for students, faculty and staff. Aerobic exercise is a great stress-buster while giving you more energy and a healthier look. Click here to learn more about Group Exercise at Lander University.
The facility is dedicated in memory of Joe V. Chandler, who served Lander University with distinction as a professor of physical education and exercise studies from 1972 and as a chair of the Physical Education and Exercise Studies Division from 1987, until his death in 1995.
The current coordinator of the Chandler Center is Trent Kline. The building opened in 1993 and began serving students, faculty and staff with many tremendous recreation opportunities. Students can check out sports equipment at the Equipment Issue Desk.
Chandler Center (864) 388-8964
ID POLICY: In order to use the Joe V. Chandler Center for recreational purposes, ALL Patrons must have a Valid Lander I.D. Card