Campus Recreation & Intramural Sports
The department of Campus Recreation is within the Division of Student Affairs and is responsible for offering a variety of recreational opportunities to the Lander community.
The main programs/facilities that the department facilitates are:
- Intramural Sports (LIM) are dedicated to facilitating sports leagues for students, faculty and staff.
- Lander Outdoor Adventures (LOA) is a program designed to give students, faculty, staff and their friends the opportunity to experience recreation in the outdoors. Each semester several trips will be offered at a very student conscious price.
- Lander Group Exercise (LGX) offer all kinds of group exercise classes for students, faculty and staff. Be ready to sweat when you attend one of these high intensity classes!
- Club Sports (LCS) are sports teams started by students to compete against other nearby universities. This past year there were four active clubs - men's and women's rugby, equestrian and ultimate frisbee.
- Lander Disc Golf Course is a great free play opportunity for students, faculty, staff and the community. The 18 hole course winds its way around the beautiful Lander campus.
- Joe V. Chandler Center is a great place for free play and to get some exercise. The recreation center has everything a student needs to stay active and in shape!
- Outdoor Pool at Sproles Recreation Center is open to Lander students, faculty and staff. You must show a valid Lander ID to use the pool. The Pool area has vending and snack machines, rest-rooms and a changing area.
The PEES Gym, Indoor Walking Track, Racquet Ball Courts, and Weight Room are all available at various times throughout the day. For a complete listing of facility hours click on the Chandler Center link above.
Effective Immediately: Patrons must have a Lander Student, Faculty or Staff ID, or a valid facilities membership card in order to use the Chandler Center for recreation purposes. Guest sign-in is no longer available.