In the event that you or a colleague experiences a medical emergency dial 911 from a cellular
phone or 8911 from a campus phone immediately. Also, know the locations of the Emergency Call Boxes
and use them in the event of an emergency. Be prepared to give the dispatcher your name and exact
location and a description of the problem. Do not hang up until told to do so.
- In case of minor injury or illness, provide first aid care. Only trained individuals should
provide first aid treatment (i.e.: First, Aid, CPR) Use only sterile first aid
- In the case of serious injury or illness, properly trained personnel should quickly perform the
- Keep the victim still and comfortable.
- Ask the victim, “Are you okay?” and “what is wrong?”
- Check breathing and give artificial respiration if necessary.
- Control serious bleeding by direct pressure on wound.
- Continue to assist the victim until help arrives.
- Look for emergency medical ID, question witnesses and give all information to the paramedics.