Library books should be renewed on or before the due date. We recommend that you keep track of your due dates and not depend on overdue notices, which are sent out as a courtesy only.
Jackson Library views renewal of materials as an acknowledgement that you, the borrower, currently have these materials in your possession.
How to renew:
- Lander faculty, staff and students may use My Library Account to renew library materials and monitor account information online.
- All patrons may renew items in person or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Material cannot be renewed over the phone, as the library cannot guarantee the accuracy of telephone transactions.
Some material may not be eligible for renewal:
- Items that have been recalled/requested.
- If the borrower has overdue items for which replacement charges have been assessed.
- Items that have reached their renewal limit:
- Faculty – unlimited renewals
- All other patrons – three (3) renewals
Why have renewal limits?
Renewal limits are needed to ensure that the collection is available to the entire community. Having more books on the Library's shelves increases the ability to browse the collection and provides more immediate access to materials than our recall system provides. Also, renewal limits encourage patrons to return items that are no longer being actively used. Renewal limits allow both the Library and borrowers to identify, replace or repair lost or damaged books more quickly.