Currently host to nearly 60 international students from 23 countries, Lander has made international education an essential part of its educational goals by providing American and international students with a well-rounded, all-encompassing learning experience.
Lander accomplishes this in two ways:
- Bringing international students to our campus for degree programs or short term study sessions
- Encouraging American students to study abroad through semester or yearlong programs, as well as short-term study sessions, ranging from 2-5 weeks
As a Lander international student, you not only get a glimpse of U.S. culture and a high-quality education, you can make connections with students from around the world and other students who have traveled abroad to experience cultures outside their own. Additionally, Lander's smaller, rural campus ensures a safe, family-oriented environment in which you can concentrate on your studies without worry.
In this section of our website, you can view blogs by international students, read about our Friendship Family Program, get information on area cultural activities and learn more about what makes the Lander experience a great fit.
Quick Facts About Lander...
- Founded in 1872 as Williamston Female College
- More than 60 areas of study
- Nationally ranked NCAA Division II athletics
- 137 full-time faculty, 63.4 percent of whom hold the highest degree in their field
- Over 60 different clubs and organizations.Ranked among the top public universities in the southern United States
- Successful engineering dual degree program with Clemson University
- Department of Business accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- National award-winning Experience Your Education (EYE) Program, which provides hands-on, real-world learning opportunities for students
- Global Scholars Program which promotes educational opportunities around the world
- Innovative academic calendar which provides more instruction time in the classroom while allowing 4 months during the summer for study abroad, internships and employment in tourism and other industries
- Over 90-percent acceptance rate for Lander students recommended to medical school by Lander faculty
- First nationally accredited, university-based Montessori teacher education program in South Carolina
- First genetics emphasis of its kind in South Carolina
- Only undergraduate program in the world currently spin-casting epoxy mirrors for use by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in telescopes
- Experience of living in authentic, small-town America
- Campus that is safe, tobacco-free, residential and an easy walk to every campus location and to downtown Greenwood
- Friendship Family Program for which families are handpicked by university administration
- Open-door policy for the University President
- Student-Faculty Ratio of 14:1
- Easy access to big cities such as Atlanta, Ga., Columbia, S.C., Charleston, S.C., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Charlotte, N.C., and many more
To learn more about university degree programs, housing, dining and more, visit the related links in the main menu of this section. Note: related links may only be available in English.