Are You Taking a Trip?
Call Judy Steinberg with any question concerning short term vehicle leasing or about vehicles on campus that may be available. You may reach her at 388-8098 or via email at email@example.com.
In order to drive a lease vehicle or a vehicle from the Physical Plant motor pool, a driver must meet certain requirements and be cleared by the University Director of Safety, Rodney Boyter. You may reach him at 388-8009 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you can reserve a vehicle, a travel authorization (TA) must be completed. You may find this form on the Business Office website. Please turn your completed TA form in to Sherry Smith in the Business Office. Mary will assign a TA number and then notify Judy with the TA information. ** Please be sure to mark either Leased or University Vehicle on your TA. Please type in what type of vehicle you require in Other (ex: luxury car, SUV, cargo van, etc.) **
Judy will make all arrangements whether you choose University Vehicle or Leased Vehicle. Judy will also contact you with availability. ** Please put a phone number on your TA where you most likely can be reached. **
The Physical Plant has 2 vehicles within their motor pool that are available for use. The vehicles are a 2001 Dodge 15 Passenger Van and a 2002 Ford Crown Victoria.
- Crown Vic - $40 per day, plus gas.
- 15 Passenger Van - $3.00 per day for a local trip (Greenwood County area only is a local trip)
- 15 Passenger Van - 50.5 cents per mile for an out of town trip
You will be given a fuel credit card for your use with either and University or Leased Vehicle. Please be sure to fill up the gas tank before returning any vehicle back to campus. To use the fuel card, you will need to enter the number 7 and the last 5 digits of your social security number. You will also be asked what the current mileage is for what ever vehicle you may be using.
BUS RENTAL POLICY
The State of South Carolina currently has a State Contract with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Enterprise will deliver your leased vehicle to the Physical Plant and once you return from your trip, they will even pick it up from campus as well.
Please read below for rates.
|SIZE ||DAILY ||WEEKLY ||MONTHLY || MODELS |
|COMPACT ||$36.50 ||$164.25 || $799.95 ||Neon, Escort |
|INTERMEDIATE ||$38.50 ||$173.25 ||$849.95 || Cavalier, Corolla |
|STANDARD ||$40.50 ||$182.25 ||$889.95 ||Malibu, Grand Am |
|PREMIUM ||$44.50 ||$200.25 ||$979.95 ||Maxima, Camry |
|LARGE TRUCKS ||$54.50 ||$245.25 ||$1199.95 ||F150, Ram |
|MINIVAN ||$54.50 ||$245.25 || $1199.95 ||Caravan, Venture |
|MEDIUM SUV ||$54.50 ||$245.25 ||$1199.95 ||Trailblazer, Explorer |
|15 PASSENGER VAN ||$75.50 ||$339.75 ||$1659.95 ||15 Passenger |
|LARGE SUV ||$75.50 ||$339.75 ||$1659.95 || Large SUV |
|CARGO VAN ||$48.50 ||$218.25 ||$1064.95 ||Cargo Van |
- The following chart does not reflect actual charges. Taxes and insurance are not included in the rates.
- Driver will also have to replace gas before returning vehicle to the physical plant or to Enterprise.
- Unlimited Mileage is included within the states of SC, NC, GA, FL, AL, MS, KY, TN & VA on Daily and Weekly rates/2500 cap per month $.25 per mile thereafter.
- Rates include Collision Damage Waiver and Supplemental Liability Protection.
- Local sales tax and surcharges will apply to the price of the rental. All rates are subject to change based on usage and annual reviews.
As a State Employee you can also benefit from this State Contract personally. You may now lease vehicles with Enterprise Rent-A-Car at the State Contract rates. For personal leases you will need to contact Enterprise yourself. However, should you have any questions, Judy will be glad to try to help.