Campus Policies and Procedures Cancellation Procedures:
- External Groups - Cancellation of a confirmed event must be received by the coordinator of facility scheduling, in writing, at least one week in advance to avoid charges.
- Internal Groups - To cancel a confirmed event, return your copy of the request form with "cancel" written across the event dates, to the Coordinator of Facilities Scheduling at least 48 hours in advance to avoid charges.
Responsibilities of Groups:
- Deposit and Cancellation - A Deposit of percent of payment for estimated fees for facility rental is due within 5 days of confirmed facilities.
- Insurance - Depending on the nature of the event, Client is required to purchase and provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance. This rider can be obtained through client’s insurance provider. Coverage amount= $1,000,000.00 per incident. Lander University must be named as an additional insured on certificate. Date of event should be specified. A certified copy of this insurance policy will be required 30 days prior to event. Failure to comply with this policy will cancel the reserved facilities and deposit will be forfeited.
Policies applying to use of University Facilities:
- All off-campus groups must contact Facilities Scheduling Coordinator.
- No fundraisers.
- The person or group responsible for the event understands - and must include in any publicity of the event - the following statement: "Use of Lander's facilities does not necessarily imply university sponsorship."
- The person responsible for the event will be held responsible for the behavior and safety of persons in attendance as well as for any loss or damage incurred during occupancy; assessments will be made accordingly.
- Groups of 15 or more under the age of 18 must provide one adult (over the age of 21) for every 15 participants.
- The person responsible for the event releases the State of South Carolina and Lander University from any liability as a result of this event.
- The laws of the State of South Carolina, City and County of Greenwood and the rules and regulations of Lander University must be strictly enforced at all times.
- Lander University is a tobacco-free campus. Tobacco use is prohibited on all university grounds, both indoor and outdoor.
- Alcohol is not permitted on campus without written permission from the Office of the President.
- Food and drink are allowed only in designated areas.
- Gambling in any form is prohibited on or within the university buildings and grounds.
- Hanging pictures, banners or other items from walls, windows, doors, curtains or other parts of buildings not specifically designated for that purpose is strictly prohibited.
- Parking is permitted in spaces and lots which are not restricted for visitors, service vehicles and reserved spaces. Parking is not permitted along curbs and other unmarked areas (loading docks, etc.).
- A custodial fee, based on the size of the facility, will be assessed if the facility is not left in a clean and orderly manner.
- Events may require employment of police officers for crowd control and/or traffic to be determined by Lander University Police Chief and will be assessed a fee payable by check prior to event.
- Fee waivers must be approved and signed off by the President of Lander University.
- Furniture in facilities cannot be removed. Round tables cannot be substituted for permanent fixtures (CH Multipurpose, GC 358 included).
- Any outside vendors selling items on campus must be sponsored by a university department or have approval of the President’s Council.
- Student organizations are permitted to use university facilities in accordance with the established procedures found in the student handbook.
- Event facility(ies) should be secured and confirmed prior to publicizing event.
- The use of Smart Classrooms requires a university sponsor to be present during the event.