More than 50 Lander University students were honored recently for their scholastic accomplishments during the 2011-2012 academic year, receiving the top discipline and special awards from the university's four academic colleges. The awards were presented during Lander's annual Academic and Student Life Awards ceremony.
Receiving discipline awards from the College of Education were:
- Kyle Pileggi, of Greenwood, Physical Education Award;
- Tyler Johnston, of Greenwood, Exercise Science Award;
- Cassandra Erickson, of Colorado Springs, Co., Athletic Training Award;
- Luke Vargo, of Fountain Inn, Psychology Award;
- Brenda Perry, of Honea Path, Early Childhood Education Award;
- Chelsea Lindner, of Orangeburg, Elementary Education Award;
- Samantha Seawright, of Donalds, Secondary Education Award;
- Bridget Morton, of Chesterfield, Special Education Award; and
- Mabry MacGregor, of Aiken, Graduate Award.
Pictured, from left, are discipline award winners from Lander University's College of Education: Tyler Johnston, Luke Vargo, Mabry MacGregor, Brenda Perry, Chelsea Lindner, Bridget Morton, Samantha Seawright and Kyle Pileggi. Not pictured is Cassandra Erickson.
Receiving special awards from the College of Education were:
- Rachel Heatherly, of Travelers Rest, the Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Award, presented to psychology majors who demonstrated outstanding ability in conducting an independent research project, and the Outstanding Academic Service Award, presented by the Department of Psychological Science;
- Sara Horton, of Abbeville, the Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Award;
- Stacey Going, of Greenwood, the Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Award; and
- Lauren DeBacco, of Waterloo, the Outstanding Academic Service Award.
Pictured, from left, are special award winners from Lander University's College of Education: Stacey Going, Sara Horton, Rachel Heatherly and Lauren DeBacco.