Receiving awards from the Lander University College of Education were, seated, from left: Erica Paige Sumner, Exercise Science Award; Sarah C. Fuller, Athletic Training Award; and Baylee K. Robla, Early Childhood Education Award. Standing, from left: Ashley C. Whitman, Psychology Award and Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Award; Jessica L. Byers, Physical Education Award; Joel A. Kurtz, Secondary Education Award; Essence C. Jackson, Outstanding Departmental Service Award; Amy J. Frederick, Special Education Award; Dylan T. Brooks, Elementary Education Award; Megan H. Sloan, Outstanding Departmental Service Award; and Erika R. Davis, Outstanding Departmental Service Award. Not pictured: Helene E. Lipe, Graduate Education Award; and Holly E. Cantrell, Outstanding Departmental Service Award and Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Award.
More than 50 Lander University students were recently honored for their scholastic accomplishments during the 2013-14 academic year, receiving the top academic discipline and special awards from the university’s four colleges. The awards were presented during Lander’s annual Academic Awards ceremony, held at the conclusion of the spring semester.
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
- Athletic Training Award – Sarah C. Fuller, of Elberton, Ga.
Early Childhood Education Award – Baylee K. Robla, of Pendleton
- Elementary Education Award – Dylan T. Brooks, of Liberty
- Exercise Science Award – Erica Paige Sumner, of Woodruff
- Graduate Education Award – Helene E. Lipe, of Columbia
- Physical Education Award – Jessica L. Byers, of Rock Hill
- Psychology Award – Ashley C. Whitman, of Liberty
- Secondary Education Award – Joel A. Kurtz, of Cochranton, Pa.
- Special Education Award – Amy J. Frederick, of Greenwood.
- Outstanding Departmental Services Award – Holly E. Cantrell, of Walhalla; Erika R. Davis, of Greenwood; Essence C. Jackson, of North Charleston; Megan H. Sloan, of Greenville; and Ashley C. Whitman, of Liberty. The award is presented by the Department of Psychological Sciences to students who demonstrated outstanding leadership in service activities for the department.
- Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Award – Holly E. Cantrell, of Walhalla. The award is given annually by psychology faculty to one or more psychology majors who have demonstrated outstanding ability in conducting an independent research project.